Site Loader
Share Button

There is no doubt that a company’s level of employee commitment is an indicator of its health. But how can we measure employee engagement?

The ideal situation for an organization is for all its internal talent to participate in its goals. But that is not always the case. According to an article published by Forbes that cites a survey on the matter, 79% of employees admit they are “not very committed” with their company. On the other hand, the remaining 21% do consider they are committed, although they believe their employer could improve in certain areas to increase employee engagement.

Lastly, the most worrying piece of information: 16% of those who say they are not committed claim to be “totally disconnected”, i.e. their motivation at work is so low that it can become a problem for the employee, for the company, and for others [keys to prevent demotivation from spreading in your company].

From disconnected to connected talent: commitment and listening go hand in hand

The use of open innovation communities is a valuable resource where companies may listen to their employees, not only to increase engagement among their workforce, but also to discover talent that used to be hidden because it had no voice. 

Committed talent
16% of employees recognize they are “totally disconnected” from their company’s goals.

It seems reasonable to think that, the more committed an organization’s internal talent is, the more profitable it will be. This other article, also published in Forbes,  supports this approach to the point of maintaining that good employee engagement results in organizations that are up to 21% more profitable.

Similarly, according to the same source, when an organization listens to its employees, the organization grows around other benefits, such as:

– More commitment and less absenteeism.
Work absenteeism is up to 41% lower in companies that make an effort to involve employees in their mission, vision and goals; this leads to employees going to work every day with “passion, a concrete objective, and energy”.

– More communication and more collaboration.
Forbes asserts that today’s employees have a “collaborative mind”, and it therefore becomes necessary to establish communication strategies within organizations that are cross-cutting and transparent, beyond the traditional top-down structure, and help to break up silos while bringing together companies and employees. This undertaking has winning effects: employees feel up to four times more qualified in their work.

– More ideas and more innovation.
Listening to employees helps them acquire greater self-confidence, which makes them capable of having and offering more ideas. Today, technology enables companies to gather these on a large scale, using collaboration throughout the organization to favor their development towards tangible innovations.

In conclusion, having committed employees is profitable, both from a human and an organizational perspective.

Want to increase your employee engagement? Discover our software and methodology to hear from your stakeholders.

Related content:
Silvia Heras (Zurich Insurance): “Listening to our employees has allowed us to gain credibility”.
3 key factors to increase eNPS: how to attain committed talent.
How to increase employee engagement piece by piece.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *